Powered By Blogger

THE FRIEND IS THE MOST PRICIES WEALTH OF LIFE

WELCOME TO THE ALL FOLLOWERS AND FRIENDS IN THIS BLOG

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

chapter 2 Sankhya Yog

TEXT 1



sanjaya uvaca


tam tatha kripayavistam asru-purnakuleksanam
visidantam idam vakyam uvaca madhusudanah






TRANSLATION


Sanjaya said:



Lord Krishna spoke the following words to desolate Arjuna who was overwhelmed with compassion, eyes briming with tears.

TEXT 2


sri-bhagavan uvaca


kutas tva kasmalam idam visame samupasthitam
anarya-justam asvargyam akirti-karam arjuna






TRANSLATION


Lord Krishna said:



My dear Arjuna! From where has this delusion of yours has appeared in this critical moment? This delusion is not at all befitting a noble soul. This sin will not bring heaven but will bring infamy to you.

TEXT 3



klaibyam ma sma gamah partha naitat tvayy upapadyate
ksudram hridaya-daurbalyam tyaktvottistha parantapa





TRANSLATION


O Arjuna! Yield not to this debasing impotence. It does not suits you. Give up such petty timid ness and stand up and do your duty, O Subjugator of the Opponent


TEXT 4


arjuna uvaca


katham bhismam aham sankhye dronam ca madhusudana
isubhih pratiyotsyami pujarhav ari-sudana






TRANSLATION


Arjuna said:



O Slayer of Madhu! How shall I counterattack arrows of warriors like Bhishma and Drona on the battlefield? Both of them are worthy of my worship.


TEXT 5


gurun ahatva hi mahanubhavan

sreyo bhoktum bhaiksyam apiha loke
hatvartha-kamams tu gurun ihaiva

bhunjiya bhogan rudhira-pradigdhan






TRANSLATION


Better to live in this world begging than to live instead of killing these noble teachers. But after killing these elders (in the opponent army), who are desiring wealth and materialistic gains, definitely in this world we will enjoy only blood contaminated pleasures.

TEXT 6



na caitad vidmah kataran no gariyo

yad va jayema yadi va no jayeyuh
yan eva hatva na jijivisamas

te ’vasthitah pramukhe dhartarastrah





TRANSLATION


We don’t know who is commendable for us, to fight or not to fight. We don’t know wheather we will defeat them or they will conquer us. But the matter of grief is the sons of Dhritarashtra, by killing whom we don’t even wish to live are now standing before us on the battlefield.




TEXT 7


karpanya-dosopahata-svabhavah

prcchami tvam dharma-sammudha-cetah
yac chreyah syan niscitam bruhi tan me

shishyas te ’ham sadhi mam tvam prapannam






TRANSLATION


Due to cowardice, my courageous nature is overwhelmed. Now I am confused weather I should do my duty or I should live life begging. I ask You to tell me the virtuous path that is best for me. I am Your disciple and completely surrender unto You. Instruct me.



TEXT 8



na hi prapasyami mamapanudyad

yac chokam ucchosanam indriyanam
avapya bhumav asapatnam rddham

rajyam suranam api cadhipatyam




TRANSLATION


My mental state is such that even after I obtain unsurpassed kingdom free from enemies on this earth as well as lordship over the demigods in Heaven, I find no means to drive away this grief which shrivels my senses.


TEXT 9


sanjaya uvaca


evam uktva hrishikesham gudakeshah parantapah
na yotsya iti govindam uktva tusnim babhuva ha






TRANSLATION


Sanjaya said:



After have spoken, Arjuna, the Conqueror of Enemies, told Krishna, “I will not fight,” and became silent.


TEXT 10



tam uvaca hrishikeshah prahasann iva bharata
senayor ubhayor madhye visidantam idam vacah






TRANSLATION


O Bharata! At that time smiling Krishna spoke these words to the downhearted Arjuna while placed in the middle of the two armies.

1 comment: